Friday, September 17, 2010

He made us beautiful!

Have to ever met some one so stunningly beautiful it took your breath away? It happens to me a lot- not with skinny girls or people with perfect make up. Its the freckly ones, the wrinkly ones, the gray and natural haired ones. The ones with shining eyes and genuine smiles. All sizes, shapes colors and styles. I usually tell them " your so beautiful" and its amazing how most of them look like they are going to cry or don't believe me. Why do we hate ourselves? Why do we cover up the way we are made? Why do we all try so hard to be the same and act the same way or like the same things? Isn't that what makes us beautiful - being unique?

I do it too. I do... I didn't even think it was a problem till a few years ago. I am starting to find so much freedom in being me. Liking what I like. Dressing how I like - or however I feel. Which most days is comfy cozy attire {clothes do not define me} Its a fight and it takes bravery some times. I feel silly writing that but its true :)

I admire anyone brave enough to be themselves and shine in the way they were meant too... we all shine so differently...its so beautiful when we are ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment